1. About this Privacy Notice
1.1 This is the privacy notice (“Notice”) of Fondation du Prix Omega, Rue Stämpfli 96, 2502 Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, (“The Foundation”, “we", “us”, “our”). The Foundation is the data controller for the purpose of this Notice.
1.3 We will post any changes we may make to our Notice on this Website or communicate them to you by email.
1.4 The Notice currently in place dates of 30.04.2019
2. What personal data do we collect from you?
2.1 We collect personal data that you provide to us, such as by filling out a contact form, registering for an account, using interactive features, subscribing to a service, requesting information and/or material. Such personal data may consist of contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
2.2 We collect metadata, for example details of your visits to the Website, such as traffic data, location data, IP address, browser information, session data, preferences, settings, weblogs and other communication data, which we monitor during your interaction with the Website.
3. On which basis do we process your personal data?
3.1 We process your personal data for the purposes indicated or obvious at the time of collection and to which you have agreed, for example contacting us.
4. For which purposes do we process your personal data?
4.1 We process your personal data for the following purposes:
4.1.1 If you fill out a contact form providing your name, email-address, telephone number, preferences, etc., we use your data for answering your questions, sending you information or performing other tasks you ask us to.
4.1.2 If you subscribe to a service like our newsletter by providing us with your email-address and name, then we use this data for sending you our newsletter.
4.2 We may process the metadata we collect from you to improve our Website, to analyze traffic trends and Website usage, to develop and analyze statistical and demographic data, or to optimize our online presence.
5. To whom do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
5.1 We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients or categories of recipients acting on our behalf and/or as partners (processors), limited to the purpose of the execution of their obligations, which are contractually bound to adhere to an adequate level of data protection when processing your personal data (for example to fulfil orders, deliver packages, process credit card payments, provide customer service, send postal mail and e-mail, store and process data, host websites, remove repetitive data from customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing assistance, execute customer satisfaction surveys, provide customized advertising): Omega Ltd, Bienne, Suisse.
5.3 This Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. For how long do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data:
• until we are sure that you are satisfied after you have approached us, e.g. to order a catalogue, to ask a question, to request information, to make an appointment or a reservation, etc. but no longer than twelve (12) months after the last contact, unless we can rely on another justification, have informed you otherwise or you have given your consent for a longer retention period;
• for as long as laws require us, e.g. legal retention obligations based on bookkeeping or tax laws and regulations.
7. What are your rights?
7.1 You have the right:
• to request from us access to and rectification or deletion of your personal data;
• to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, in particular to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
• to request from us to provide you or any person or entity you appointed with a digital file of your personal data (data portability).
7.2 You may withdraw your consent that allows us to process your personal data for the indicated purposes at any time.
7.3 To exercise the above rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
7.4 You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
8. Notice regarding Cookies
On this Website, we may use the following cookies, cookie categories and other technologies, but no spyware, for the indicated purposes and, if applicable, deployed by or with the assistance of the indicated partners:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and for you to be able to complete services you ask for. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
- Functional cookies. These cookies record information about choices you make on the Website, such as your user name, language or the region you are in. In this way, we are able to personalize your visit to the Website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to collect information about how visitors use the Website, for example to count visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website. They record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information is anonymous. This helps us to improve the way the Website works.
•_ga: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 2 years;
• _gid: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 24 hours;
• _gat: this cookie is used to throttle requests to the server and has a lifespan of 10 minutes
9. How can you contact us?
For any questions or to exercise your rights, you may contact us as follows:
Postal address: Rue Jakob-Stämpfli 96, 2502 Bienne, Switzerland